Vitamins have significant effect on the internal systems and organs of your body. They have profound effect on the external system, too. The health of your hair depends on vitamins. How? Find out here.
â€œVitamins for hairâ€! Sounds strange! But the fact is, for healthy hair growth and maintenance vitamins are essential. Vitamins nourish your hair form within. They address a range of hair issues, ranging from slow growth to hair loss.
Vitamins help in the prevention and treatment of:
- Slow hair growth
- Hair thinning
- Hair breakage
- Brittle hair
- Hair loss
Various Types of Vitamins Required for Healthy Hair
- Vitamin A â€“ Vitamin A is an antioxidant. It produces healthy natural oils, called sebum in the scalp. Food rich in Vitamin A are apricots, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cheese, meat, eggs, milk, fish liver oil, spinach, and peaches.
- Vitamin C â€“ Vitamin C is also an antioxidant that keeps your hair healthy. Dark green vegetables, potatoes, tomatoes, green peppers, citrus fruits, pineapple, cantaloupe, strawberries, and kiwi are rich in Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E â€“ Vitamin C increases scalp circulation. The antioxidant is found in green leafy vegetables, raw seeds and nuts, soybeans, dried beans, wheat germ oil, and cold-pressed vegetable oils.
- Biotin â€“ Biotin helps in the prevention of hair graying. It also prevents hair loss by producing keratin. Food rich in Biotin are whole grains, rice, milk, liver, egg yolks, and brewer’s yeast.
- Inositol â€“ Inositol helps in keeping the hair follicles healthy at the cellular level. Citrus fruits, brewerâ€™s yeast, whole grains, and liver are the food sources for inositol.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) â€“ Niacin or Vitamin 3 enhances scalp circulation. Fish, chicken, meat, turkey, brewer’s yeast, and wheat germ are the common sources of niacin.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) â€“ Organ meats, egg yolks, whole grain cereals, and brewerâ€™s yeast are rich in pantothenic acid or Vitamin B5. Pantothenic acid helps in the prevention of graying of hair. It also prevents hair loss.
- Vitamin B6 â€“ Vitamin B6 helps in creating melanin, preventing hair loss, and giving hair its color. You can find Vitamin B6 in whole grain cereals, liver, brewer’s yeast, organ meats, egg yolk, and vegetables.
- Vitamin B12 â€“ Vitamin B12 helps in the prevention of hair loss. Food sources for Vitamin B12 are: Milk, egg, fish, and chicken.
To nourish your hair from inside and out you should take all the vitamins mentioned above. Take all the required vitamins in adequate amount. You are going go get stronger, fast growing, and healthier hair.
But, remember one thing. Before starting a vitamin program its always better to consult a doctor.