Unwanted hair in different parts of the body is an embarrassing condition. It is really a bothersome problem. To know what causes unwanted hair and how to get rid of it refer to our article.
Abnormal (coarse, dark) and excessive growth of hair on the upper lip, chin, torso, back, and abdomen are considered unwanted because these are the areas where women donâ€™t want hair. Even, excessive hair on the arms, underarms, and legs are also considered undesirable. Thick, bushy eyebrows are also considered abnormal hair growth for women.
Causes of Unwanted Hair
- Excessive male hormone, androgen
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Treatment of Unwanted Hair
There are a variety of ways, which are listed below, to eliminate unwanted hair.
- Bleaching: Bleaching helps in lightening the hair which makes it less noticeable.
- Shaving or trimming: Shaving works effectively for removing unwanted hair from legs. But unwanted hair on the face should not be shaved. Shaving should be done with a razor that is specifically designed for women. At the same time it should fit your curves. Apply and work shaving gel or foam into a rich lather. Run the razor in an upward position over your leg in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Waxing: If you want to pluck a lot of hairs at one time you can go for waxing. Apply warm wax to the area of hair that you need to pluck. After the warm wax cools down pull away it from the skin. In the process of pulling away the wax takes the trapped hair with it.
- Threading: To pull the unwanted hair from eyebrows and face you can go for threading. A loop is made in the cotton thread to trap and pull away a series of unwanted hair.
Chemical depilation: The easiest way to rip out your hair is to use depilatory creams. Apply the cream on the area of hair that you want to remove. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash off.
- Electrolysis: The process of removing hair by passing electric current into the hair follicle is called electrolysis. A metal probe of hair-thin width is slid into a hair follicle. Electricity is delivered to the follicle thorough this metal probe. The hair follicle becomes inactive. This results the hair to fall out.
- Laser: Unwanted hair can also be removed by using laser. For large areas like legs or backs light of specific wavelength is delivered from a hand piece into the skin. The rays target dark material; usually the pigment in hair. They are then damaged.
- Weight loss: If you are overweight loose your weight. This will help in reducing the male hormone levels responsible for the growth of unwanted hair in women.
Tips & Warnings
- Apply sunscreen on the skin you have treated with depilatory creams.
- Remember that stubble cannot be waxed.
- Never perform electrolysis on unwanted hairs on your eyelids. Even unwanted hairs inside your ears and nose should not undergo the electrolysis process.