To avoid dry or limp locks, greasy or tangles, or a frizzy head of hair conditioners are used. But using the right type of conditioner and in the right manner will give you best results. So check out here all about hair conditioners.
Hair conditioner is basically a hair care product. It conditions the hair and improves the quality of the hair by altering its texture and appearance.
Types of Hair Conditioner
Hair conditioners are of seven major types. They are categorized on the basis of your hair type as well as what you aspire for your hair. For instance, if you have thick and dry hair you need a particular kind of conditioner. But if you have thin hair you should use conditioner specifically meant for thin hair.
Following are the seven major types of conditioners:
- Reconstructors: Reconstructors strengthen your hair. They provide protein to your hair.
- Moisturizers: This type of conditioners contains humectants that attract and hold moisture into the hair.
- Acidifiers: Acid is good for your hair. A conditioner containing a pH of 2.5 to 3.5 is highly beneficial for fine textured hair. It will close the cuticle layer of your hair. It will add elasticity to your hair. You will get shiny and bouncy hair.
- Detanglers: Detanglers compact the cuticle of the hair that cause tangles. They protect the hair shaft. Because they have low pHâ€™s (2.5 to 3.5) they are acidifiers. While some detanglers take 1-5 minutes to work, others work instantly.
- Thermal Protectors: Thermal protectors protect your hair against heat. If you blow dry your hair, or use curling irons or hot rollers you should use thermal protectors. They protect your hair against heat damage by using heat absorbing polymers. The heat absorbing polymers distribute the heat.
- Oils (E.F.A.â€™s): E.F.Aâ€™s are very close to the natural oil, sebum (produced by the scalp). If you have dry hair you should add oil to your hair. E.F.Aâ€™s converts dry and porous hair into soft and pliable hair.
- Glossers: Glossers are cosmetics that control the frizzes. If used in small amounts they will reflect light.
Hair Conditioner and Hair Type
Choose the right conditioner for your hair type.
If your hair is healthy and shiny use a conditioner that is made for normal hair
If you have dry and frizzy hair, use a conditioner rich in moisturizer
If your hair is limp and fine, use a volumizing conditioner
Tips to Use Hair Conditioner
Shampoo your hair first. Rinse off. Apply conditioner. Leave it on hair for a minute or two. Wash off.
Hair becomes immune to a specific formulaâ€™s effects. Gradually, build up of the chemical occurs. So, you should change the brand of conditioner you use every month.
Once a week use a deep or leave-in conditioner.
Try to use natural conditioners like olive oil or mayonnaise if you want to avoid the chemicals you find in commercial conditioners.