Curly hairstyle is sizzling hot. But it requires special care. Most people with curly hairstyle donâ€™t know how to maintain it. So, here we provide all the curly hairstyle tips. Just check it!
Curly hairstyle gives you a sexy look. Curls soften and frame your face. Layered curls give the illusion of volume to your fine hair. But people with curly hair complain that their hair is dry and prone to frizz. They also complain that their hair tangle a lot. Moreover, they report that curly hairstyle needs more maintenance.
To maintain your curly hairstyle there are certain guidelines. To keep it healthy just follow the tips:
- Use curl-enhancing shampoo. Use moisturizing shampoo that will not strip your hair of natural oils. These shampoos will also control frizz. Avoid all-in-one-shampoos that come with tall but false claims.
- Use good conditioners and styling aids such as creams, gels, and hair sprays that will not only enhance your curls but will also control frizz.
- Always choose one hair-care line that offers all of the products (shampoos, conditioners, gels, creams, sprays) you need. The same hair-care line products are designed to work in concert. The conditioner enhances the role of the shampoo and styling aids build on the results of the conditioner. The products from the same line help in defining, detangling, and defrizzing your curly hair too. So, donâ€™t mix and match your hair-care products brand.
- Trim your hair at least every six weeks.
You might think that the way you wash your hair is perfectly alright. But to make you aware, let us inform you that washing curly hair requires special care. Just check out whether you:
- Gently detangle your hair with your fingers before shampoo. Do not use brush or comb (greatest foes of curls) for detangling.
- Use a handheld showerhead for washing your hair. A handheld showerhead, because of its variable settings and greater control, allows the water to reach all parts of your scalp. This helps in eliminating loose skin flakes and dust deposits.
- Saturate your scalp and hair thoroughly with warm water. Never use hot water. Apply shampoo. Donâ€™t pour shampoo directly from the bottle onto your damp hair. Place a small amount of shampoo in one hand and then rub it between both your palms. First work it into your scalp. Then come downward and coat strands of hair. When more lather is required add water; not shampoo.
- Donâ€™t rub shampoo in circular motions into your hair and scalp. This will tangle and damage your hair.
- Run your fingers through your hair to prevent tangles.
- Do not use your fingernails to scrape the scalp while shampooing. As you might end up in creating nicks and scratches.
- Use your fingertips when you shampoo.
- Rinse shampoo thoroughly.
- Use a good conditioner. Apply it first to hair closest to the scalp. Then apply it down toward the ends. Coat the entire strand. Gently detangle any matted areas. Wait at least for two minutes so that the conditioner penetrates your hair. Rinse it thoroughly. If you have damaged, exceedingly dry or especially kinky hair, you need to switch to a leave-in conditioner.
- Naturally dry your hair by towel-drying it. Donâ€™t rub your hair vigorously. Rather blot it gently.
- Apply some curl-enhancing sculpting product to your hair. Gently scrunch. On a low setting, using your diffuser attachment blow-dry your hair. Finger-curl gently. Avoid over-manipulating hair because this creates frizz.
- Finish with a gloss spray that enhances shine.