Want to color your hair? But you have doubts regarding hair color. Donâ€™t worryâ€¦ We are here to solve all your queries on hair color. Read the article and enjoy a good hair color.
The days of covering the grey hair with colors is a phenomenon of the past. Even the limited option of available hair colors is outdated. Today, people have the varied option of picking up any hair color either to cover their grey hair, or to add shine and fun to their hair.
Hair color can give you an updated and revitalized look. But lack of awareness and myths about hair color can also cease you from coloring your hair. So, knowledge about the art of hair coloring will help you in getting rid of all the myths regarding coloring the hair.
Purposes of Hair Color
You may want to color your hair for any of the following reasons:
- to cover the gray hair
- to highlight a natural hair color
- to go for an entirely new look by giving a total make over to your hair; especially by coloring your hair
Whatever the purpose of hair color may be, you may be confused regarding the types of hair colors available in the market. The different types of hair colors are:
- Permanent Hair Color: If you want to color your hair permanently hair colors are available that changes the natural color of your hair, permanently. The permanent hair colors change the pigment of your hair shafts. Although the color fades gradually, it cannot be removed, ever. So, the natural hair color never returns back to the already colored hair. The natural color evolves when the new hair originates from the roots.
- Semi Permanent Hair Color: If you want to cover your grey hair, semi-permanent hair color is the best option available for you. If you are an amateur colorist go for a semi-permanent hair color.
- Temporary Hair Color: If you want to color your hair for a particular event you can color it for a temporary period. You can highlight a natural hair color in accordance to your skin color which can be easily removed by shampooing.
Certain Things to be Done Before Hair Coloring
- Before coloring your hair you need to condition your hair deeply. You need to wait for couple of days after shampooing. The natural oils in your scalp will return to the surface. They will protect your skin against all sorts of chemical reactions. The natural oils will also help in the better setting of your hair color. This will give an overall uniform result to the process of hair coloring.
- Wear an old tea and gather up some tissues so that you will be able to wipe off the stains while coloring your hair. Wear your hand globes while hair coloring.
Precautions to be Taken
- You can color your hair at home if you can not afford coloring your hair at a saloon from professional colorists. But always be careful when you color your hair at home because any improper coloring can damage your look.
- When going for professional hair coloring products do not go for the double process of bleaching and toning.
Have we cleared your major doubts on hair color? We hope so. With the above tips we believe that you will be able to choose the perfect kind of hair color that will suit your skin color. So go ahead. Pick up the hair color complementing you skin tone. And have fun in coloring your hair.